Ramucirumab is a drug that is used in targeted therapy. It is a monoclonal antibody.This drug is used to treat colon cancer that has metastasized.
Availability, dosage and administration
Ramucirumab is not available in pill form and is given intravenously in the form of an infusion.The amount given to the patient depends on factors like weight and overall health.
100 mg/10-ml and 500 mg/50-ml
8 mg/kg IV q2wk for over 60 minutes prior to FOLFIRI administration.
Most people do not experience side effects while being treated with ramucirumab. Even if side effects occur they are predictable in terms of their onset and duration. These side effects are almost always reversible and will go after the treatment is complete. The most common side effects are listed below.
- High blood pressure
- Before starting ramucirumab treatment, inform your doctor about other medications that you might be taking.
- Do not take any kind of vaccination or immunization without informing your doctor.
- Take blood pressure often while on treatment with ramucirumab.
- Inform your doctor before starting the treatment if you are pregnant. Ramucirumab maybe harmful for the fetus .
- Do not conceive a child while on ramucirumab treatment. This applies to both men and women.
- Do not breastfeed while on treatment of ramucirumab.