What is limited stage small cell lung cancer?
Limited stage small cell lung cancer means that the cancer is present only in one lung and may of may not have spread to the nearby lymph nodes and tissues but have not spread to other parts of the body. Limited stage can also refer to the tumors that can be found within a tolerable radiation field. Limited stage a, all cell lung cancer also has several symptoms that are listed below and if any of these symptoms persist, visit your doctor and get yourself checked.
Read in detail about lung cancer signs and symptoms
Symptoms of limited stage small cell lung cancer
The following are the most commonly seen signs and symptoms of limited stage small cell lung cancer:
- Persistent cough
- Coughing up blood
- Repeated lung infections like pneumonia or bronchitis
- Shortness of breath
- Hoarseness of voice
- Swelling in face and neck
Limited stage small cell lung cancer can also present with a broad variety or symptoms due to paraneoplastic syndrome which are dumpy that are caused due to he hormones secreted by the tumor or by the body’s immune response to the tumor. These symptoms include:
- Muscle weakness in the upper limbs
- General weakness, fatigue and low sodium level
- Loss of coordination and difficulty thinking
- Clubbing, a deformity of fingers in which the ends of the fingers take on the shape of an upside down teaspoon.