The most common symptoms that bladder cancer manifests are urinary issues. Blood in the urine is one of the first. It may be orange, pink or dark red.The following symptoms may imply that one needs an immediate check up:
- When the urine changes color / mixed with blood
- Urge to urinate more frequently than usual, but not being able to urinate
- Urinating more frequently than usual
- When it hurts or burns while urinating
While these symptoms are likely to be caused by urinary tract infection (UTI), bladder stones, an overactive bladder, or an inflammation in the prostate. Either way, it is important to get symptoms checked.
Once bladder cancer starts to spread:
- Pain in the lower back
- Unexplained weight loss
- Pain in the bones
- Extreme fatigue or exhaustion
- The urge to urinate even when you do not have to
- Swollen feet
- Not feeling hungry
- Reduced urine output
While these conditions may be a result of a condition other than bladder cancer, it is better to stay safe than be sorry.